Brendon Manor Farm and Riding Stables
Brendon Manor Farm and Riding Stables was started by Dudley and Avis Daw in 1951. They then started to take visitors out riding using Dudley’s 3 ponies and it was this that led to the beginning of Brendon Manor Riding Stables.
Brendon Manor stables has changed dramatically over the years, originally it only had 4 loose boxes. In the early 70’s the old traditional loose box building was replaced by the main stable block which has twenty stalls, and it can also be converted into 10 loose boxes for stabling in the winter. In addition to this there is also other stabling, which is used for DIY and full livery.
The stables are fully open from April to October to take out riders of all abilities and sizes. Throughout the winter (November – March) the stables are still open but with fewer horses and ponies. There are approximately 20 horses and ponies which are available for the riding of all different shapes and sizes.